May inspirational quotes continue a tradition which I started back in the Fall. Daily, I strive to inspired my readers (and myself) with new quotes.
I have always loved inspiring sayings. However, since I started sharing daily bits of wisdom, I think I have become more of an inspirational quote nerd.
I am awed by the wisdom and ingenuity of the human spirit. While the media care to highlight our differences, quotes never fail to remind me how similar all human beings really are.
We all crave a sense of deep belonging and unconditional love.
Our affiliations, our creeds, our skin color become irrelevant when I can see the humanity and deep longing of another. These quotes bring the humanity of the authors.
Some of the authors I am familiar with, others are unknown to me. They are people who shared a bit of widom with me in words.
Were I to become acquainted with some of them, I may conclude that some have little in common with me. Yet, upon reading the words which resonate deep within me, in that moment in time, we connect. Human to human. Person to person.
I think inspirational quotes are a bit of magic.
May Inspirational Quotes
- Learn to calm down the winds of your mind, and you will enjoy great inner peace. ~ Remez Sasson
- There are always flowers for those who want to see them. ~ Henri Matisse
- Then, she began to breathe, and to live, and every moment took her to a place where goodbyes were hard to come by. She was in love, but not in love with someone or something, she was in love with her life. And for the first time, everything was inspiring. ~ R.M. Drake
- If we get our self-esteem from superficial places, from our popularity, appearance, business success, financial situation, health, any of these, we will be disappointed, because no one can guarantee that we’ll have them tomorrow. ~ Kathy Ireland
- The power of imagination makes us infinite. ~ John Muir
- If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, you can bet the water bill is higher. ~ Debbie Macomber
- Stay in your own lane. Comparison kills creativity and joy. ~ Bréné Brown
- Fear is the cheapest room in the house. I would like to see you living In better conditions. ~ Hafiz
- We’re sitting under the tree of our thinking minds, wondering why we’re not getting any sunshine! ~ Ram Dass
- She was just herself and the world loved her for it. ~ Atticus
- I lifted my hands and then my eyes and I allowed myself to be astonished by the great everywhere calling to me like an old and unspoken invitation. ~ David Whyte
- Your peace is more important than driving yourself crazy trying to understand why something happened the way it did. Let it go. ~ Mandy Hale
- Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can. ~ Arthur Ashe
- Perfectionism is not the same thing as striving to be our best. Perfectionism is not about healthy achievement and growth; it’s a shield. Perfectionism is a 20-ton shield that we lug around thinking it will protect us when, in fact, it’s the thing that’s really preventing us from being seen and taking flight. ~ Brené Brown
- It’s not what you say to everyone else that determines your life; it’s what you whisper to yourself that has the greatest power. ~ MarcAndAngel
- For the overachievers out there: Your mantra is likely, “What else can I do today?” Consider replacing that for a week with, “What can I do less of today?” and see what happens. ~ Tad Hargrave
- Do the earth a favor, don’t hide your magic. ~ Yung Pueblo
- And I said to my body. softly. ‘I want to be your friend.’ It took a long breath. and replied ‘I have been waiting my whole life for this. ~ Nayyirah Waheed
- This idea that being youthful is the only thing that’s beautiful or attractive simply isn’t true. I don’t want to be an ‘ageless beauty.’ I want to be a woman who is the best I can be at my age. ~ Sharon Stone
- They tell you to develop a thick skin so things don’t get to you. What they don’t tell you is that your thick skin will keep everything from getting out, too. Love, intimacy, vulnerability. I don’t want that. Thick skin doesn’t work anymore. I want to be transparent and translucent. For that to work, I won’t own other people’s shortcomings and criticisms. I won’t put what you say about me on my load. ~ Viola Davis
- We are all rough drafts of the people we’re still becoming. ~ Bob Goff
- And the bravest of souls are those who choose love. Over and Over. ~ E. Corona
- The more we genuinely care about others the greater our own happiness & inner peace. ~ Allan Lokos
- Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly. ~ Morticia Addams
- What we cultivate in our mind becomes how we live. ~ Danny Silk
- Love and desire are the spirit’s wings to great deeds. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- The trouble is, you think you have time. ~ Jack Kornfield
- The wonderful thing about food is you get three votes a day. Every one of them has the potential to change the world. ~ Michael Pollan
- Most of the things I was afraid of never happened. ~ Bob Goff
- Authenticity is the daily practice of letting go of who we think we’re supposed to be and embracing who we are. ~ Brené Brown
- Like a wild flower; she spent her days, allowing herself to grow, not many knew of her struggle, but eventually all; knew of her light. ~ Nikki Rowe