All year long, I work on knitting or crocheting projects. Some of the items I make are for me but many are for those I love, the grandbabies included of course.
While I do not mind buying patterns — and I often do — free patterns are often a blessing and I am very grateful to the people who take the time to make them.
I have taken the time to find 51 free crochet toy patterns from around the internet. None of these patterns nor the pictures belong to me. As best I can, I have given credit to the proper individual(s).
I am a self-taught crocheter and have enjoyed this craft for probably twenty years now.
My paternal grandmother taught me to knit when I was a little girl.
I enjoy both crafts for various reasons.
What about you?
51 Free Crochet Toy Patterns: Pictures
51 Free Crochet Toy Patterns
- Sheep: This pattern makes an adorable little sheep. I have saved it on my “to do” board on Pinterest and I plan on making it for the next grandbaby (or for Christmas). You can find the pattern in PDF form >> HERE <<
- Otter family: These otters are pretty cute — incidentally so are the real ones we have had the occasion to see. You can find this pattern >> HERE <<
- White rabbit: This pattern makes a cute white rabbit. Although from perusing the site, it appears you can also make a bear with heart-shaped feet. Pretty cute if you ask me. You can find all you need from the site which gives you multiple links. >> HERE <<
- Sheep: This pattern makes one tiny sheep. Personally, I prefer the pattern from #1 but it is really an individual preference. >> HERE <<
- Bear: With this pattern, you can make either a male bear or a female bear (even though I only posted one picture. You can find the instructions for both >> HERE <<
- Llama: This free pattern from Red Heart makes a pretty darn cute llama. You can find it >> HERE <<
- Doll: What a cute doll! You can find this pattern as a free Ravelry download >> HERE <<
- Doll: An adorable doll with ringlets. The free pattern can be found >> HERE <<
- Monkey: you can find the pattern to this monkey >> HERE <<
- Greta Doll: This is the most adorable crochet doll over if you ask me. The pattern comes in various parts: 1. the hands, 2) the legs, 3) the body and the head, 4) the assembly and 5) dress and shoes.
- Elephant Lovey: This is a great toy for babies. You can find the pattern >> HERE <<
- Young Athlete Blanket: A really fun idea for little tikes. You can find the pattern >> HERE <<
- Giraffe: Cute giraffe >> HERE <<
- Bear: An adorable bear with a sweater. >> HERE <<
- Doll: This is a cute doll with a black and white outfit. >> HERE <<
- Swimming Bear: This is a pretty adorable pattern >> HERE <<
- Zebra: This pattern makes a pretty cure zebra >> HERE <<
- Long Eared Bunny: I really like the look of these bunnies >> HERE <<
- Doll: Another doll pattern >> HERE <<
- Watermelon Turtle: A fun twist on a turtle with the addition of the watermelon design >> HERE <<
- Octopus: Easy and fun >> HERE <<
- Manta Ray: A cute ocean creature >> HERE <<
- Jellyfish: I think this jellyfish is just too cute. It makes an adorable decoration hanging from the ceiling >> HERE <<
- Whale: I definitely have an ocean theme going on so far. A cute whale >> HERE <<
- Chloe Doll: Another cute doll pattern >> HERE <<
- Baby Flamingo >> Here <<
- Eeyore: A cute pattern for a favorite character >> HERE <<
- Emma the Fox: A cute “foxy” lady (pardon the pun) >> HERE <<
- Pomp-a-Poodle: This toy poodle is pretty darn cute >> HERE <<
- Cat: An adorable pattern for a kitty cat >> HERE <<
- Hippopotamus: This little dancer is adorable >> HERE <<
- Farm Horse: I may have to make this for my horse loving daughter >> HERE <<
- Cow: I think this cow is utterable >> HERE <<
- Pretty Bunny: This is another bunny pattern. Just as cute as the other one >> HERE <<
- Harriet the Hippo: I love this hippo…adorable >> HERE <<
- Sleeping Dog Sonia: This dog pattern is so precious. I love it! >> HERE <<
- Cuddle Me Lion: Adorable toy lion, sized perfectly for little ones >> HERE <<
- Cuddle Me Elephant: Such a precious toy, soft and cuddly >> HERE <<
- Rainbow Fishing Game: What a clever toy >> HERE <<
- Turtle: This pattern makes a very cute turtle >> HERE <<
- Farm Mat: I love this mat. My kids loved these types of toys when they were small >> HERE <<
- Snail >>HERE <<
- Roadthrow Throw: Another wonderful idea my kids loved >> HERE <<
- Island Play >> HERE <<
- Elephant: I am partial to animals and elephants are just too adorable in my opinion >> HERE <<
- Moose: This moose is pretty adorable >> HERE <<
- Unicorn Pillow Buddy >> HERE <<
- Horse on a Stick: The original pattern is in Dutch but the page translates nicely with Google >> HERE <<
- Puppy: No toy pattern list would be complete without a puppy >> HERE <<
- Honey Teddy >> HERE <<
- Pig: A cute little pig, quite lifelike in my opinion >> HERE <<