My paternal grandmother taught me to knit and purl when I was around eight or ten. However, I did not take to knitting as a passion until I was around twelve. Suddenly, I was knitting sweaters, baby clothes, and anything which struck my fancy. I would continually go from one project to the next.
When I came to the United States, I could no longer knit because I was not able to understand the instructions and I knew no one who could knit and could help me along.
At this point, I turned to another craft: counted cross stitch.
Eventually, I taught myself to crochet.
In time, I was able to go back to my first love: knitting.
In honor of Christmas, I found 21 free knitting Christmas patterns for my readers. If you too are a knitter, I pray that you enjoy them!
21 Free Knitting Christmas Patterns in Pictures
21 Free Knitting Christmas Patterns
- Aubrey Hat by Lilly Caddy
- Holiday Dog Sweater by Handy Little Me
- Christmas Socks by Drops Design
- Christmas Tree Bear by Little Cotton Rabbit
- Knitted Holly Hat by Little Cotton Rabbit
- Knitted Christmas Stockings by Little Cotton Rabbit
- Pot Holders by Drops Design
- Santa Mug Cozy by Bernat
- Mini Socks by Classic Elite Yarns
- Noel Mini Sweaters by Red Yarn
- Dinner At The Kringles by Drops Design
- Denver Socks by Drops Design
- Baby Santa Hat by Handy Little Me
- My First Christmas by Drops Design
- Santa Mittens by The Treat Girl
- Polar Bear Ornaments by Red Heart
- Knitted Star by Valley Yarns
- Christmas Tree Hat by Little Red Window
- Christmas Pud Tree Cozy by Hilary’s Craft Blog
- Christmas Love Hearts by Ginny Sturdy’s
- Christmas Bauble by Mona Schmidt